Sunday, February 13, 2011

What ifs...

I wonder sometimes about the "what ifs" in life. What if I did that or didn't do this or said the other thing or on and on and on. I wonder if while I'm standing before Christ if I'll have any "what ifs" running through my mind.  What if I would have been more obedient? What if I would have witnessed more? What if I would have studied the Scriptures more? and on and on and on...

Jonathan Edwards, the great 18th century pastor, resolved, "never to lose one moment of time, but improve it the most profitable way I possibly can." Edwards resolution was to take this most valuable of resources and make it worth even more. To, as he later resolves, "live so, as I shall wish I had done when I come to die." (Quote pulled from Here)

No comments:

Post a Comment