Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sweet Tooth Wisdom

If you know my wife you know she's...well...cheap!  If you want to be politically correct then feel free to call her frugal.  If you know me then you know that I'm...well...let's just say I'm a little more free with money.  I praise the Lord for my wife though because her frugality has made it possible for us to homeschool our children and save money at the same time on a teacher's salary.

Anyway, on the way home from gathering with our brothers and sisters in Christ this morning I had a hankering (that's a good Wilkes County word for you) for some ice cream.  Amy gives me the look when I tell her.  You know, the look that says, "You're going to spend all of our grocery budget money on your sweet tooth aren't you?" Well we get to Food Lion and I take Thomas and Olivia in with me and we come out with my ice cream, Thomas' ice cream, Olivia's ice cream, some Little Debbie Cakes, and my "wise" selection.

So we get into the car and Thomas hands Amy our "wise" selection of Godiva Dark Chocolate, which Amy loves.  I got into the driver's seat and with a piece of chocolate in her mouth Amy looks at me and in a way that let's me know she's onto me says, "It's hard for me to be upset about the ice cream with my chocolate isn't it?"  I just smiled and said, "The wisdom of Solomon baby, the wisdom of Solomon!"

I love our family.

1 comment: